Sally is a chartered accountant with over 13 years' experience in providing clients with accounting and tax services.
Specialising in taxation, she has provided both tax compliance and advisory services to clients of all sizes from publicly listed companies to trusts and individuals.
Sally excels in challenging commercial and tax environments, always looking for the best outcome for the client whilst managing tax risk and corporate governance responsibilities. She has provided valuable insight to clients and boards on complex issues, with an innate ability to connect with people and make the most complex of issues understandable.
Sally has worked with a large number of businesses within the following industries:
- Professional services including legal firms, engineering and medical providers
- Property development and construction
- Banking and finance
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Technology/data centre/innovative businesses
- Media ownership
- Retail trade
- University/education providers
- Aged care and disability services providers
Some examples of the projects Sally has lead include:
- Structures and restructures of groups to ensure both the optimal structure for taxation purposes as well as providing the ideal base for growth of the business, external investment and ongoing management.
- Income tax, capital gains tax, GST and stamp duty planning and advice for transactions
- Advice on tax consolidation involving the formation or acquisition of groups, including the subsequent implementation and operation.
- ATO and Revenue Office review/audit management for clients
- Preparation and submission of private binding rulings and objections to the ATO
- Tax advice relevant to mergers and acquisitions of businesses
- Succession planning for business owners and executives
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- The Tax Institute, Australia
- Chartered Tax Adviser (The Tax Institute of Australia)
- Masters Applied Tax (UNSW)
- Graduate Diploma ICAA
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting, Management and Commercial Law (Deakin University)