No deal should go forward without due diligence, an investigation and independent assessment into the affairs of the business that checks the target is all it claims to be. Our role is to review financial records and provide the potential investor or purchaser with critical information, either to confirm representations made, or provide feedback to renegotiate the terms.
We have significant experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions across all industries including healthcare, financial institutions, energy, environmental services, technology, and education.
Whether you are negotiating an acquisition, entering a joint venture, or extending credit to a borrower, we can provide you with the documentation that you need to make a well-informed decision.
Due diligence is not a general investigation but it includes specific elements which may vary based on the situation:
- Identify areas of potential risk
- Assess current management
- Evaluate systems and procedures
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the business target
- Provide valuation services
- Analyze cash flows, balance sheet assets and liabilities
- Evaluate trends and management’s forecast
- Exit Readiness