Colin obtained a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Qualified with Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers), Melbourne in 1976 and joined the Hong Kong firm in 1977. Colin held various roles during his tenure with PricewaterhouseCoopers and was last Engagement Leader in the Business Services Division.
Between 1999 and 2005 Colin was with the HKICPA and, as the Director of Compliance and Head of the Compliance Department, he oversaw the monitoring and enforcement of accounting and auditing standards in Hong Kong.
Between 2005 and 2012, he worked for Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited where he was a Senior Vice President and Head of Accounting Affairs Department of the Listing Division, which was responsible for providing accounting and policy support to the Initial Public Offering, Compliance & Monitoring and the Enforcement Departments of the Division.
- Fellow Member, CPA Australia
- Member, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Associate Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Head of Technical Department
- Technical advisor
- Audit and assurance services