Osman obtained a Bachelor of Economics (major in Accounting and Finance) from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. Osman was born in Hong Kong and was educated in Sydney. He is a Director with more than 15 years experience of accounting and commercial experience and focuses primarily on formal and informal corporate insolvency administration, restructuring, consultancy review and forensic accounting investigations in support of litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Osman was involved in several turnaround projects where companies undergoing restructuring were looking for investors. His experience covers a wide variety of industries including carpark operator, construction, electroplating, food processing, garment, hospital, hotel, manufacturing, property development, retail chain stores, semi-conductor, etc. He has been involved in a number of transactions in Hong Kong and the PRC, including the sale of properties in Hong Kong and the PRC, sale of plant and equipment, land and building, vessels and motor vehicles, maintenance and leasing of clean rooms and facilities.
Osman has been in charge of a number of schemes of arrangement of listed companies, disputes resolution and corporate governance review. Osman has also been involved in the budgeting and accounting review of a government department and the relevant legislation in that respect. He has extensive experience of cross-border issues involving Hong Kong, the PRC, Macau and other overseas jurisdictions. He has also been in-charge of a number of forensic investigations for both civil and criminal cases involving preparation of court reports and exhibit bundles, examining accounting entries and financial statements disclosure, auditors’ negligence and reviewing their working files, fund tracing and fund flow analysis, emails review, interviewing employees and reviewing transcripts.
Osman also was a presenter of The HKICPA Intermediate Insolvency Training Course 2006 and Insolvency Course 2007 - Preparatory II.
- Fellow Member, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- CPA Member, CPA Australia
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, HKICPA Forensic Forum
- Member, HKICPA Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty
- Specialist Designation (Insolvency), Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Sub-committee, Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty Industry Standards and Best Practices, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Head of Corporate Advisory Services
- Corporate insolvency administration
- Consultancy review
- Forensic accounting investigations
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation