Helping with tax challenges, wherever you are in the world.
If you’re a global business juggling the complex and diverse tax rules of multiple markets, it can be hard to stay on top. RSM can help solve your tax challenges. We offer in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the relevant local rules and regulations. Through collaboration with our tax professionals across all relevant jurisdictions, we are able to provide you with seamless advisory and compliance solutions in International and Indian tax.
Broadly, in India, our service areas in tax are as under:
The Indian tax system is well structured, wherein the power to levy taxes are clearly demarcated by the constitution between the Central Government, the State Governments and local bodies. The taxes in India can broadly be classified into Direct tax and Indirect tax. Some of the major taxes levied by the Central Government are as classified below:
- Direct tax:
- Income tax
- Wealth tax
- Indirect tax:
- Customs duties
- Central excise
- Service tax
Also, in order to make the Indian taxation system more dynamic in terms of effective administration, efficient tax collection and to reduce the cascading effect of taxes, it is proposed to introduce the Goods and Services Tax (GST). This will be implemented in the near future and would be a comprehensive tax on the supply of goods and services.
We provide practical, commercially-focused and socially responsible solutions for multi-national companies, Indian companies, expatriates, non-Resident and resident Indians, etc. In this endeavour, we are immensely helped by our extensive knowledge of taxation practices and procedures followed worldwide and our regular interaction with the concerned tax authorities.
We are a leading service provider in matters of direct and indirect tax covering the whole gamut of Indian and international tax, transfer pricing regulations, service tax regulations, value added tax regulations, central excise regulations, GST transition etc. We can also assist you with specialized services in areas of setting up of business in India and overseas, corporate business structuring, transaction advisory etc.
How we can help
- Provision of effective taxation strategy for corporates and non corporates by considering and application of various tax holidays and benefits under the existing taxation regulations
- Advising on taxation and exchange control regulations for investments or setting up of business in India and abroad
- Evaluating the existing compensation structure of employees and suggesting tax efficient structure
- Advisory on withholding tax, assistance in seeking advance rulings on international tax issues and representation before tax and judicial authorities in assessment and appeals
- Handling and representation in income tax Search, Seizure and Survey cases
- Expatriate taxation advisory services
- Advising on corporate structuring and transaction advisory services with a view to optimize tax incidence
- Assistance and training for compliance and transition to Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Tax services - Advantage RSM
- RSM is the world’s seventh largest network of audit, tax and consulting firms and the sixth largest global provider of tax services by revenue
- RSM in India is consistently ranked amongst India’s top six accounting and consulting groups* (International Accounting Bulletin, September 2015)
- Extensive experience in advisory, tax and accounting matters across various sectors
- Dedicated team of highly qualified, experienced and trained professionals
* Please visit our legal section (insert hyperlink) to know about the legal structure of the RSM network and RSM in India.