Real estate values can be rapidly eroded in the absence of management and control. Timely, skilled and structured intervention can assist in preserving value and providing a clear exit strategy for you and your stakeholders.
We are on hand with a bespoke service, providing practical property solutions with the support of our network of sector experts.
Our dedicated distressed real estate and propoerty solutions team combines restructuring, transactions and tax expertise. We work with you in advising your stakeholders on the available options aimed at preserving value by implementing strategies to proactively manage the situation.
- Our team acts for secured lenders in respect of a large number of insolvent property connections implementing a range of asset recovery strategies. Additionally, we have developed an in-depth knowledge of a number of regional markets. We have demonstrable experience of adding value in development sites with uplift potential. Our firm has joint venture experience for build outs of 100+ units, and direct build experience across a diverse range of residential development sites.
- We have experienced insolvency practitioners who are used to dealing with non-consensual property receiverships and knowledgeable asset managers employing their particular skills, both strategic and operational, to drive efficiencies, minimise costs and add value across the portfolio.
- In conjunction with external sector experts we have undertaken strategic site analysis and feasibility reviews of large regional and high-density urban sites.
- Strategies implemented include tendered build outs of schemes, construction of waste water treatment plants and planning applications for changes in house type/scheme layout to meet local demand.
We focus on efficiently outlining the available options, and putting in place clear and effective strategies to address the key issues. These can include work-out solutions for development projects, asset management and enhancement and restructuring assignments, including accelerated sales and refinancing. Our key priority is to implement strategies aimed at protecting and preserving value. These include:
- packaging propositions and making them ‘sale’ and/or ‘refinancing’ ready;
- negotiating with stakeholders focused on consensual restructurings;
- joint ventures;
- securing accelerated funding/exit options; and
- asset management enhancement strategies including further development.
Our experienced distressed real estate and property solutions team, coupled with our established relations with national and regional specialists (agents/solicitors/asset managers), ensures we have the capability and knowledge to provide innovative solutions. Our team benefits from regional and sector specialists who understand the local dynamics and key players in their area. Our wider firm ensures we are supported by the other service lines, notably tax and advisory, meaning we provide a complete service.
Significantly we have strong relations with investment groups and funds, local authorities and housing associations and work with them in identifying suitable bulk sale opportunities. This enhances our capability to put in place accelerated solutions when required.