Jaymes Foo has over 12 years of professional and commercial experience in performing risk assessment and evaluation of internal control systems encompassing governance and operations for various sector. He had undertaken internal audit engagements for public listed companies involved in industries such as cement and quarry, plantation, trading, public transport, hotel and leisure, retail jewelry and timepiece, food and beverage, property management and development and stockbroking.
Apart from the above, Jaymes was also involved in other special projects and assignments such as:
- Forensic and investigative audit for a group under the purview of Independent Committee of a listed entity where it is a leading player in the provision of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services to the Ministry of Defence Malaysia (MINDEF) for the purpose of submission to the Securities Commission;
- Undertaken full scope COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission)–based Internal Control Framework Reviews for the purpose of floating exercise (Initial Public Offering) on Bursa;
- Led the team as Reporting Accountant in the preparation of submission document to the Securities Commission (“SC”) in connection with corporate restructuring scheme of a group;
- Supervised special project on internal control review and its implementation for a shipping and forwarding agent licensed by the Ministry of Finance and Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
In addition to the above, Jaymes has prior experience in heading the internal audit department of a group listed on the Bursa.
Qualification / Professional Membership
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Professional Member, Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia (CMIIA)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting