Wai Wah was previously from the external audit division in one of the Big 4 accounting firm, focusing on retail and consumer markets, manufacturing & trading, construction & property development, pharmaceuticals & healthcare, shipping & logistics, investment holding and fund accounts. Throughout his career, Wai Wah led and coordinated the audits for numerous Multi- National Corporations (MNCs) and Public Listed Entities based in Malaysia which require reporting in different financial reporting frameworks.
Apart from audit, Wai Wah had participated in special engagement which includes:
- Review of financial statements and financial data for a bonus and rights issue of a public listed entity.
- Review of processes and controls of a multinational shared service centre and reporting to auditors of countries within the Asia pacific region
Wai Wah has good knowledge and experience in International Financial Reporting Standards, Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards and Malaysian Private Entity Reporting Standards, consolidation, financial reporting, internal control and accounting system, auditing, accounting and taxation. The experience and exposures accumulated over the years had enabled him to have in-depth knowledge of retail and consumer markets, manufacturing & trading, construction & property development, investment holding and fund accounts.
- Fellow Member, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Licensed Auditor under the Malaysian Companies Act 2016