Yong Kam Fei is an Audit Partner with more than 27 years of experience in the profession.
As Head of Audit in RSM Malaysia, leading the core professional practice of the Firm, put in place all best practice of risk management procedures; implementing ISQC and Audit Oversight Board in Malaysia (“AOB” requirements, oversee the human resource, finance and accounts department.
Spearhead the setting up of Risk Management/Corporate Governance Practice and Outsourcing Division of the Firm and oversee the operations.
- Audit and assurance engagements, special assignments such as Reporting Accountants for initial public offering exercise (IPO);
- Investigative audits for the purpose of submission to the Securities Commission;
- Review of profit and cash flow forecast/projection in relation to the floatation exercise and other corporate exercise involving debt restructuring, reverse takeover and corporate rescue scheme;
- Valuation of shares and due diligence audits for acquisition and other purposes;
- Expert witness and litigation support in respect of legal claims in the Court of Arbitration in International Chamber of Commerce as well as engagements in providing statement of claims for litigation support in local courts;
- Conversant in Mandarin and was involved in many assignments in China where he acted as engagement partner for various due diligence audits.
- Fellow Member, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Committee, MIA Capital Market Advisory Committee (CMAC)
- Chairman, ACCA SME Focus Group
- Committee, ACCA Public Practice Committee