As Regional Leader, Neil drives RSM’s long-term global strategy within the region, focusing on developing member firm growth and increasing cross-border client services. Working closely with the leadership of RSM’s members in Asia Pacific, Neil supports firms to implement business development, marketing and client service strategies focused on strengthening the brand and driving RSM’s vision to be the adviser of choice to the middle market globally.
Neil is a member of RSM International’s leadership team where the international strategy of the network is established.
Since 1992, Neil has worked with RSM International firms in developing the Asia Pacific region, drawing on his ten years’ experience on secondment to RSM in Indonesia.
For over 30 years, Neil Hough was a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd and developed the international business services operations for Australia, Indonesia and Asia, a specialised services area catering for the needs of companies strategically entering the more difficult areas of Asia.
In his role within RSM Australia, Neil concentrates on providing advice to foreign entities entering Asian markets including:
- acting for large public companies to small entrepreneurial operations wishing to enter foreign markets within Asia
- providing advice on set up arrangements, finance, capital, taxation, manpower issues and license permits, together with operational issues
- assisting multinational companies in establishing Australian subsidiaries and branches, including registration, advice on cross-border tax issues and ongoing tax compliance
• Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
• Registered tax agent
• Bachelor of commerce (Monash University)
• Post Graduate Diploma Finance and Management (Monash University)