Creditors AccountantPublished on November 4, 2022
We are currently looking for a Creditors Accountant to be based in our Johannesburg office. Below is a guideline of the role and responsibilities, qualifications and requirements.
Role and responsibilities
- Scrutinising supporting documentation and loading payment for trade creditors and staff refunds, and making sure supplier invoices are settled by their due date.
- Assisting various departments with making payments as and when required.
- Monthly capturing of supplier invoices for the organisation and ensuring this is done timeously.
- Ensuring the monthly cash books are continuously updated.
- Making sure supporting documentation for disbursements are sent to the person responsible for capturing timeously.
- Monitoring and managing the cash balances between entities for current and call accounts to ensure surplus funds are invested.
- Making the necessary transfers from accounts as and when required.
- Preparing bank balances list daily to the CEO, COO and any relevant stakeholders daily for monitoring.
- Preparing the necessary supporting documentation to send to the bank for international payments as and when required, and making sure these payments are released by the bank as at their due dates.
- Reconciling cash balances on a monthly basis for the current and call accounts.
- Preparing monthly journal entries, including booking of income and VAT.
- Assisting with preparation and reconciling monthly VAT payment for all regions.
- Assisting with managing the Client accounts and client account payments in conjunction with various departments when required.
- Reconciling the client account and making sure balances can be linked to each relevant clients.
- Assisting the CFO with any assistance they may require in performing their duties.
- Assisting with any requests for financial information from.
Qualifications and experience
- Matric Certificate
- Relevant accounting degree or diploma
- +5 years of relevant financial experience
- +5 years of working in a group financial reporting
- Experience with Sage 200(Evolution) is essential
Skills and competencies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent written and verbal communication
- Sense of urgency and time management
- Ability to prioritise and use own initiative
- Be proactive, reliable and able to take responsibility for work done
- Ability to be discrete when handling confidential information and exercise good judgement
- Computer literacy: Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word , Pastel, and Sage 200 (Evolution)
- Ability to work well under high pressure situations and meet deadlines
- High energy level
- Good judgement
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter to Shanelle Mdaka at [email protected] Should you not hear from us within three weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.