There has been an amendment to the tax laws in Section 10(1)(o)(ii) that will come into effect on 1 March 2020. These laws govern the taxation of expatriate employees working outside of South Africa. There has been a lot of confusion regarding the application of the new provisions, and uncertainty as to which individuals may be exposed to new tax liabilities in South Africa.
This webinar will address the following:
- Current legislation applicable to Expatriate employees
- Amendment to the legislation applicable to Expatriate employees
- South African tax residency status
- Impact of changing your country of tax residence
- What is “Financial Emigration”?
- Practical example of the potential impact as a result of the amendment
About the presenter
Neil Hughes is a CA(SA) and Director in the Tax Department at RSM in Johannesburg. His focus is on individual taxation, as well as consulting on corporate and indirect tax matters, and assisting with tax controversy and dispute resolution Due to the close relationship of tax to trust structures, he also heads up the Trust Department.
Friday 20 September