IFRS 9 came into effect for periods commencing on or after 1 January 2018. However there is still much confusion about the implications of the standard and specifically the introduction of the expected credit loss.
All companies of all sizes have been affected by IFRS 9.
This webinar will offer clarity on:
- Key changes to the standard
- Likely classifications of financial assets
- Financial instruments at amortised cost
- Financial instruments at fair value through profit and loss
- Financial assets at fair value through other comprehensive income
- Expected credit loss
About the presenter
Michael Steenkamp is a Director in RSM’s Johannesburg office where he is also Head of IFRS. He also represents our firm on RSM’s international IFRS committee. Michael has been with the firm since 2001 and has extensive audit experience across various industries.