With the recent announcement from our president around COVID-19 and the nationwide lockdown, RSM will be running a series of webinars covering various considerations for your business.
Please click on the relevant links below to register for each webinar.
Wednesday 1 April – Directors’ Duties
In light of the recent events, businesses have been forced to adjust the manner in which their operations are conducted very quickly. In this new and uncertain environment, what is expected from directors and how does this impact the fiduciary duties of the directors?
We will be exploring the above questions, with particular focus on the following:
- The provisions of the Companies Act 71 of 2008;
- The King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa 2016; and
- The requirements of good corporate governance.
Wednesday 8 April - Exceptional Tax Measures arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic
In President Ramaphosa's speech to the nation on 23 March 2020, he announced certain economic interventions, including specific tax measures that would be put in place as a result of COVID-19.
In this webinar we look at these tax measures and how these impact on and can be applied by businesses.
In particular we will consider:
- Tax relief mechanisms announced
- VAT and Customs Duties
- U.I.F. Benefits
- Potential exposures to penalty and interest provisions
Legal considerations & commercial agreements
Many organisations may be faced with significant legal issues in respect of the workplace and commercial agreements following the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will cover:
- Workplace issues:
- Employer’s Duty in light of COVID-19
- Working From Home
- Leave entitlements resulting from employer imposed quarantine, self-quarantine and/or government imposed quarantine
- The effect of a government imposed closure of business on the employment relationship
- Navigating commercial contractual obligations with regard to partial performance, non-performance or disruptions
Significant ripple effects have already been experienced by businesses around the world following the global transmission of COVID-19, which is choking global supply chains, altering the way businesses operate and affecting people’s everyday lives.
In this webinar we look at some immediate business continuity actions and technology considerations that can help your organisation brace for the weeks and months ahead, such as:
- A crisis communications plan
- Identification of operational essentials
- Evaluation of staffing strategies
- Implementation of remote work policy
- Understanding vendor dependencies