Henk has been involved in research, training and consulting to small and medium sized audit practices, and consulted to many firms on technical matters relating to the application of auditing, accounting and quality control standards.
As an audit and accounting expert Henk has served as expert witness on several cases involving regulatory and disciplinary investigations, litigation and arbitration for and against auditors, corporates and employees.
- Overseeing the quality control processes of the Southern African offices of RSM International as well as other countries, e.g. Israel, Kuwait, etc.
- Engagement director for a portfolio of clients.
- Technical research and providing IFRS and IFRS for SME compliant solutions to the firm’s clients.
- Second (quality control) partner on public interest audit engagements.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements for regulatory XBRL submission
- Data analytic support on audit and review engagements
- Member of The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- SAICA registered Assessor
- Registered Auditor with Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- Bachelor of Accounting Science (Honours)
- Master of Commerce
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards