RSM supports you in all types of business transactions
We know that many different factors come into play when you do business. Whether you are about to perform a takeover, create a strategic partnership, raise venture capital, or free up resources through a sale or restructuring of the business, you need competent advice that is both practical and innovative.
Transaction-related services (or corporate finance services) cover several different areas in which we can assist you both locally and internationally. We can help you through the entire transaction chain, with analysis, due diligence, valuations and reporting.
We have market knowledge at local and international level in corporate finance and can combine it with our different industry-related and specialist skills.
Selling your business? We guide you through the entire process
If you want to sell your business, or part of your business, it is important that you receive a fair price and that you and the buyer have the right prerequisites for negotiations. We can assist you throughout the process. Selling a business often takes a long time and your management resources are put under strain. To ensure that you get the right price and make the sales process as smooth and efficient as possible, a little extra support may be needed in different areas – because selling the company is not normally a part of everyday life.
Examples of areas we can support you:
- Indicative valuation
- Due diligence and assistance with the compilation of material for the due diligence data room
- Tax advice for business owner
- Restructuring prior to sale
- Ongoing contact with the buyer's advisors
Buying a business? We assist you before and after the acquisition.
Acquiring a company requires knowledge of various tax, accounting and finance issues. Before acquisition you need a detailed analysis of what’s on offer. After acquisition, the operations need to be integrated with existing companies.
Examples of areas we can support you with:
Before the acquisition - due diligence
- Analysis of financial results and cash flows
- Assessment of assets and liabilities to be taken over
- Evaluation of internal controls
- Advice regarding corporate taxes as well as tax risks in general
- Assessment of the accounting effects for the possible acquisition
- Consultancy regarding optimal ownership structure
After the acquisition
- Valuation of assets and liabilities such as trademarks, customer relationships and software
- Production of acquisition calculations
- Integration processes, e.g. adaptation of internal and external financial reporting
- Bank reports, if the acquisition is financed with bank debt associated with various conditions
- Examination of account balances on access
- Calculation of purchase amount adjustment
Listing of shares or issuing bonds
We can help you when you want to raise capital or spread ownership by issuing shares or bonds for public trading.
In Sweden there are currently two so-called regulated markets, the Stockholm Stock Exchange (OMX Nordiska Börs Stockholm AB) and NGM (Nordic Growth Market NGM AB). In addition, organized trading takes place at other venues, e.g. First North and Nordic MTF (so-called multilateral trading facilities) as well as on companies’ own lists. On the regulated markets different types of securities are traded, such as public equities and bonds. There are stringent requirements for securities traded on a regulated market. A multilateral trading facility can be described as a trading system that is organized and provided by a stock exchange or an investment firm. Normally, lower requirements are set in areas such as information and operational history for securities traded on a trading platform compared with securities traded on a regulated market.
Whatever the marketplace that you consider suitable for your purposes, we can provide support prior to and after the listing, including keeping markets informed.
- Production of information for the listing prospectus
- Regulatory compliance, such as IFRS and listing agreement
- Customization of interim and annual reports