The continued spread of COVID-19 has more recently caused the cancelation of many activities, events and conferences. It is having huge impacts not only for the overall workforce but also the recruitment process as it affects Bangkok Executive Recruitment Firms, Headhunting firms & HR Firms in general. RSM Recruitment Services (Thailand) Limited is no exception to this. As an Executive Search Firm, RSM Thailand is faced with many trials and tribulations as a result of COVID-19 and some of these are as a result of our clients withdrawing offers and delaying start dates or we as well as them being forced to move to work locations to curb the spread of the virus by social distancing. Many clients are considering discontinuing their recruitment hiring process until the situation improves and that is if it improves. Some clients have implemented an extreme freeze on hiring whilst others are actively recruiting and hiring to prevent a future business slowdown. In fact, RSM Thailand’s mission is to help job seekers get jobs even during these tough times which we hope sets us apart from some of our competitors that are now facing severe downturns and may not be around when all of this is over. We continue to influence our valuable candidate jobseeker base to update their profiles and to regularly follow up via E-mail with their RSM Recruitment Consultant contacts. Also, we are now implementing more and more interviews via telephone, Skype chat or even via the use of zoom conferencing.
Nearly everyone is affected in different ways by this pandemic and many organizations have asked their employees to work from home. This can be a difficult adjustment that could impact work productivity as well as the health and wellness of ours and everyone’s employees. Here are some effective ways to help you work from home and which may result in you becoming more productive: -
- Organizing your workspace – Clear your desks, set them properly and keep a dedicated office space.
- Use of communication technology - Job interviews can be done by phone, online chat platform, and video meeting (Skype, Zoom, Line, Microsoft Team, etc.) These tech tools have proved most useful for remote job and consultant interviews allowing you to screen candidates in an efficient manner assisting with your new remote working practices.
- Maintain a Healthy Work-Life balance – Set a schedule, have clear guidelines for when to work each day. Have faith in your ability to adapt and adjust to an entirely new working environment.
- Be Positive – Fill your days to make you feel more fulfilled, creative and connected. Be positive and willing to adapt to changes.
- Keep Routine – Create, maintain, and stick to a routine during your dedicated working hours.
- Exercise and Stay active – working from home does not just affect physical health but also mental health. Schedule exercise into your day with the same priority as your work. Prioritize your physical, mental and emotional health by practicing healthy habits at home.
- Socialize with Colleagues – Social distancing but not social isolation. You can chat with colleagues via chat channels where you can talk about common interests. You need to be more proactive about nurturing relationships.
Working from home is considered challenging for many organizations and opens them and their staff to entirely new kinds of lifestyles. Everyone will need to learn to adjust to their new lifestyles during the coronavirus pandemic. But it’s just as important to remember that it takes a lot of self-discipline and focus to make sure this experience is both productive and healthy. Let’s keep doing our best and your best by staying positive and optimistic!