On 16 January 2017, the Government issued Decree No.03/2017/ND-CP on the Casino Business ("Decree 03").
Question: What are the conditions for obtaining a casino business certificate?
Answer: Under Decree 03, an enterprise that wants a certificate of eligibility for a casino business ("Certificate") must ensure they meet the following conditions:
- Being issued an investment registration certificate or decision on investment policy including casino business operations by a competent State agency;
- Completing the disbursement of investment capital which is at least 50% of the total investment capital as registered in the investment registration certificate or decision on investment policy;
- Having a business area to administer the casino which meets the following conditions: (i) being totally separated from its other business areas; (ii) having separate entrance and exit doors; (iii) having electronic equipment and camera systems for constant surveillance and control of all the activities of the casino (around the clock) and records from such electronic equipment and camera systems at essential positions, and which must be retained for at least 06 months from the date of recording; (iv) have security guard staff and plans, systems and evacuation infrastructure in place to prevent and combat explosions or fire, as well as ensuring the casino’s security and safety in accordance with the relevant law; (v) and gazetting the rules for entering and leaving the casino in Vietnamese, English and other languages (if any) noticeably at the entrance and exit of the casino.
- Having persons in charge of managing and operating the casino who have at least a university degree and at least 01 year of experience in the management of casino business operations, and is not prohibited from establishing or managing an enterprise in accordance with the law; and
- Having a business plans in accordance with the law; the business plans must contain profile information on the enterprise, investment project implementation, the terms proposed for conducting casino activities, proposals on the quantities of gaming machines, gaming tables and types of prize-winning games, a business effectiveness assessment, estimates on receipt/expenditure demands in foreign currency, solutions for security, social order and safety at the casino and plans for its implementation.