Please note that the 2020 Form E is required to be submitted online to the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board (MIRB) by 31 March 2021. We would like to remind you that failure to lodge the above return within the stipulated period will render the employer liable to penalty or court action.
An employer is required to prepare the Form EA and furnish it to the respective employees/directors on or before 28 February 2021 to enable the employees/directors to complete their income tax returns.
Please also note that the company is also required to complete and submit the Form e-E to the MIRB under the following circumstances:
- The company has no employees and /or
- The company has not commenced operation, has temporarily or permanently ceased operation/ is under liquidation
On a separate matter, we would also take this opportunity to remind all employers of the requirements and responsibilities provided under the Income Tax Act 1967 in respect of their employees on the following matters:
- Commencement of employment.
- Leaving Malaysia.
- Retention of monies upon cessation of employment under the following circumstances:-
- the employee retiring from employment;
- the employee leaving Malaysia (with no intention of returning to Malaysia); or
- the employee is subject to the Monthly Tax Deduction (MTD) scheme but no deductions were made by the employer.
- Monthly tax deduction (including director’s fees).
Please ensure that the above requirements are strictly complied with to avoid penalties/compounds imposed by MIRB.
Download the brochure here: