RSM Outsourcing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd ‘s translation of
Wage Subsidy Programme 2.0 (updated on 25 September 2020)
- Existing employers who are receiving PSU are required to submit a new application for PSU 2.0 in Portal which is opened for receiving applications with effect from 1 October 2020.
- After PSU 2.0 application is approved, employers do not need to submit a new application for subsequent claims in the following months. However, employers are required to update any changes to the business status or number of eligible employes via PERKESO’s system. In the event of any changes (reduction or addition) in the list of employee, employers should submit the changes on or before 15th of the month.
- Application that contain inaccurate or incorrect information such as the number of local workers is not the same as employer’s payroll data in ASSIST Portal, or application contains foreign workers, Perkeso shall make further enquiries with the employer hence employer must provide accurate information to avoid delays in processing of their application.
- In the cases where employers have successfully applied for PSU 1.0 but were denied wage subsidies in respect of employees who joined them and registered with Perkeso after 1 April 2020, the employers are eligible to submit application for PSU 2.0 in respect of those employees registered after 1 April 2020. Wage subsidy to be received is RM600 per month for only 3 months under PSU 2.0, provided the eligibility requirements are met.
- Employers can prove its total sales or income decreased by 30% or more after RMCO as compared to the corresponding period in 2019 by stating the amount in PSU 2.0 application through PERKESO portal. For example: