Lee Wee Tak is the Head of Outsourcing Division with more than 20 years of experience in accounting field.
Prior to joining RSM, he has assumed a variety of accounting role such as external auditor, accountant, business analyst, finance and administration manager and financial controller. He has exposure in shared services environment, oil & gas, fast moving consumer goods and shipping industries. Apart from handling routine accounting and reporting duties, some of his other experience include assisting in migrating the reporting function of a major oil and gas multinational corporation from Singapore to Malaysia, setting up accounting, human resource, costing and inventory systems from scratch for SME manufacturing concern and devising an expatriate personal tax monitoring process which resulted in refund of 10% taxes paid in prior year.
Wee Tak’s portfolio includes:
• Outsourced accounting team that handles monthly reporting and Goods and Services Tax reporting to the Royal Malaysian Custom Department;
• Outsourced payroll team that specializes in processing payroll for local and expatriate staff from a variety of industries employing different remuneration scheme; and
• Staff placement services which provide temporary headcounts to clients in need ranging from accounting executives to finance managers and controllers. Placement assignment include both to handle routine work or special projects.
Some of the notable assignments include:
• Placement of over 20 headcounts in a renowned multinational corporation for a year to assist during their transitional period following a merger exercise;
• Assisting an oil and gas infrastructure company with payroll work for hundreds of local and expatriate staff and accounting matters from initial stage up to full fledge operations;
• Conduct fixed assets verification, tagging and photographing exercise for a 5 star hotel which resulted in more than 5,000 items being processed;
• Re-computing a year’s employee provident fund retrospectively to rectify errors made by client’s staff; and
• Verifying and forecasting revenue for over 3,000 students’ accounts of a tertiary education institution Professional Qualifications Fellow Member, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)