Yen Fen has more than 30 years experience in the field of audit and business consulting. She started her career after graduating from University of Malaya. In 1993, she joined RSM as Manager and was subsequently admitted as partner in the practice of RSM Malaysia in 2001.
Yen Fen has wide experience in statutory audits of small and medium size enterprises and multi-national corporations. Her expertises include auditing various industries such as property development and construction, consultant architects and engineers, professional auctioneers, valuers and solicitors, investment holding companies, resort and leisure management, manufacturing, trading and retail companies, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, software development and distribution, friendly and charitable societies.
Apart from audit, Yen Fen is also involved in special assignments which comprise:
- Review of the internal control systems as well as advising the clients on their compliance with Financial Reporting Standards and the Companies Act, recommendation and implementation of accounting systems.
- As a Reporting Accountant in corporate restructuring exercise Due diligence reviews, capital reductions, review of profit and cash flow forecasts and proforma balance sheet.
- Undertake financial due diligence review, special financial reviews, review and reconstruction of financial statements.
- Undertake members’ voluntary winding up engagements and staff recruitment assignments.
- Chartered Accountant, member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Licensed Auditors under the Malaysian Companies Act 2016
- Bachelor of Accounting from University of Malaya
- Certified Financial Planner