Poh Weng joined RSM Hong Kong in 1985 and is now the Non-Executive Chairman of the firm. He obtained a Bachelor of Science from The University of Essex and qualified (Fellow Member, The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) with PricewaterhouseCoopers, London, in 1976. He was seconded to their Hong Kong office in 1978, heading up an audit group specialising in corporate reviews, valuations and investigations.
He has the overall responsibility for the maintenance, implementation and communication of the firm’s Quality Assurance and Risk Containment Policies and Procedures for the professional services which the firm provides. His responsibilities include ensuring that the firm’s quality assurance policies are communicated to all the firm’s partners and professional staff by dissemination with appropriate briefing memoranda or through training seminars and meetings. The communication includes a message that each individual has a personal responsibility for quality and is expected to comply with the firm’s policies and procedures in carrying out their work. He also has the overall responsibility for the resolution of quality assurance matters within the firm.
Poh Weng is the non-executive chairman& international contact partner of RSM Hong Kong. He is also a member of the RSM International Board of Directors, the chairman of RSM International Audit Committee and a member of RSM International Nomination Committee. In addition, he is the chairman of the RSM Asia Pacific Council.
- Fellow Member, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Non-Executive Chairman & International Contact Partner of RSM Hong Kong
- Member of RSM International Board of Directors
- Chairman of RSM International Audit Committee
- Member of RSM International Nomination Committee
- Chairman of RSM Asia Pacific Council