Our service offerings for the Media, entertainment and leisure industry
The Indian media and entertainment (M&E) industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Its various segments viz. film, television, advertising, online and print media and music among others have witnessed tremendous growth in the last few years.
The media and entertainment industry in India is further expected to grow steadily over the next five years. The industry revenues are likely to exceed US$ 32.7 bn by 2019 from US$ 17.0 billion in 2014, growing at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.0 per cent between 2015 and 2020. With a majority of the population below the age of 35, and increasing disposable income in the Indian households, the average spend on media and entertainment industry is likely to substantially grow in India.
With the growing popularity of Indian content in the world market in general and South Asia in particular, the Indian entertainment industry players are venturing abroad to tap this booming segment. Consequently, many Indian domestic players have set up distribution arms overseas and entered into joint ventures with leading international media & entertainment conglomerates. Apart from films, other entertainment content areas like music and television also have a huge potential international market. The total value of Indian media and entertainment content sold overseas is expected to grow by over 20% every year.
The ever expanding innovations and the entry of new mediums, pose lots of opportunities and challenges for the industry. Further, corporatization and rapid technological developments have now partnered with the creative and artistic minds to bring about disciplined approach and professionalism in this industry. In addition, the ever changing laws and regulations are playing a vital role in protecting and safeguarding interests of this industry.
Leisure is currently one of the most exciting sectors in India. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), India is recognised as the fastest emerging market leader fostering hospitality, entertainment and the leisure industry. India is attracting tourists as well as businessmen to invest in the lucrative hospitality, entertainment and the leisure industry. With a population of over 1 billion, about 30% of which is under 20, and economic growth set to continue at over 6% per annum, the number of consumers can only increase.
The sector is developing throughout India but the major projects are planned in the metropolitan cities, their suburbs and other major cities in Western and Northern India. Interest in the leisure business is not limited to entrepreneurs. Consultants are beginning to focus on business prospects in the leisure industry.
How we can help
We provide professional services to following major segments:
- Television channels
- Content producers for television channels
- Films production, distribution and exhibition
- Events and live concerts
- Advertising and creative media
- Print media
- Internet content media
Some of our unique services include:
- Strategies for inbound and outbound investments for corporates to help achieve global reach and competitiveness
- Corporate structuring and tax advisory services for global entertainment events, concerts, etc. held in various parts of the world
- Designing and setting up enterprise wide Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) and systems for uniform working
- Internal, concurrent and special audits to ensure improved efficiency, internal processes and controls, compliances, etc.
- Concurrent audits of specific events, shooting schedules, etc.
- Assistance in legal documentation and business agreements for various commercial and legal transactions
- RSM in India is consistently ranked amongst India’s top six accounting and consulting groups and globally RSM is the seventh largest audit, tax and consulting network
- Extensive experience in advisory, taxation and accounting matters across functions and countries
- Multi-disciplinary team of professionals comprising of Chartered Accountants, Management Graduates, Engineers, Company Secretaries, CISA / DISA, Cost Accountants and Law graduates