Tailored expertise to minimise your risks and maximise your returns
We understand the threats that your business may face. From the global banking crisis to the rise of cybercrimes, changing business dynamics to recent corporate failures and with increased stakeholders’ accountability, the importance of identifying threats and the appropriate response at an early stage cannot be ignored.
The need for internal audit and risk advisory services:
We recognise that the primary objective of conducting internal audits is to provide the audit committee, senior management, head of operations, process owners, etc. of your organization with a comprehensive and unbiased analysis of the corporate governance processes, risks and functional efficiency of your business and to suggest areas for improvement and value-addition.
Internal audit is also an effective means of evaluating:
Efficacy of operations
Reliability of financial reporting
Compliance with various regulations
Safeguarding of assets and various matters concerning the interest of the company, employees, stakeholders and society in general
The new Indian Companies Act, 2013 also provides for mandatory internal audits for certain classes of companies.
As a result, we are active, not reactive, and provide support and guidance as your processes and systems develop. Our expertise and knowledge ensure we remain at the forefront of implementing new approaches to managing risk. We believe in delivering internal audit and risk advisory services at the highest levels of professional competency and integrity to the clients.
We specialize in providing internal audit and risk advisory services.
Our offerings are designed to suit individual client needs and address their ‘pain areas’. Our endeavour is to handhold you right from addressing your key business concerns, helping you comply with regulatory norms and enhancing overall effectiveness of corporate governance and reporting requirements, boosting your operational efficiencies to achieving your strategic business goals.
Our services include distinctive approach and methodologies such as:
Adoption of standard operating procedures
Client specific ‘toolkits’ to service multi-location engagements
Use of computer-assisted audit tools (CAATs) such as ACL, IDEA, etc. to aid in accurate sampling and data analytics
Research based checklists
Issuing customized reports for various levels of management
Our highly dedicated and specialized internal audit and risk advisory professionals are actively engaged in services to various corporates across nationalities and sectors in the areas of:
How we can help
Our internal audit process includes:
Critical evaluation of internal controls, performing gap analysis and suggesting areas for improvement and efficiency
Constructive review of operations keeping your business needs and risks at the forefront of our mind
Identification and recommendation of areas for cost reduction and revenue optimisation
Critical evaluation of systems and procedures including those which are embedded in information technology systems and processes
Identification and assessment of risks followed by suggestion of risk mitigation measures
Ensuring proper compliance with the various regulatory provisions and operations manuals
Assisting in meeting the corporate governance requirements particularly with respect to the far reaching changes introduced by the Companies Act, 2013
Internal audit and risk advisory services - Advantage RSM:
- RSM India* is consistently ranked amongst India’s top six accounting and consulting groups and has a multi-disciplinary personnel strength of over 1,200
- RSM is the sixth largest global audit, tax and consulting network encompassing 120 countries, 800 offices and more than 41,000 people internationally
- Dedicated team of over 550 internal audit and risk advisory services personnel in India including highly qualified and trained professionals viz. Chartered Accountants, Engineers, Management Graduates, CISA Professionals, Cost Accountants, etc.
- Track record of about three decades in internal audit & risk advisory services in India
- Regular involvement of experts from other verticals such as tax, accounting, legal, IT, etc.
- Wide exposure across several sectors and geographies
- Nationwide delivery capabilities in over 100 cities across India through a combination of own offices and associates
- Clear value proposition
- Use of well researched and dynamic toolkits and checklists with periodical updates
- Risk-based audit approach with emphasis on computer-assisted audit tools (CAATs) for statistical sampling and data analytics
- Use of domain and functional expertise
- Global servicing capabilities through the RSM network
* Please visit our legal section to know about the legal structure of the RSM network and RSM in India.