Managing Partner - Islamabad
Naveed Abbas is Head of Tax, IFRS Champion and Managing Partner of Islamabad office. He has over 15 years' experience at both a national and international level in providing taxation advice and specialist tax consulting services. Naveed has gained experience in a diverse range of industries, focusing particularly on:
- Property and construction
- Development Sector
- Oil & Gas Sector
- Government Corporations
Naveed specialises in advising public companies (listed and unlisted), large private enterprises and high net wealth individuals. He has also acquired significant experience in other professional disciplines (Audit & Assurance, IFRS Advisory and Risk management consulting).
Naveed has been with RSM since 2002. Prior to joining RSM, he worked in the Delloitte in Pakistan.
Naveed is a Partner of RSM Pakistan and a Director of RSM Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd.
Solutions Naveed provides
Naveed is responsible for the taxation advice of many of RSM’s major clients. He has expertise in providing tax compliance and consulting services to private and public sector organisations in the following areas:
- Income tax
- Sales tax on goods and services
- Payroll tax
- Start up business tax planning
- Advisory for Restructuring and Structuring International Business
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax research and development
Major projects and advice Naveed has been responsible for include:
- Advisory for accounting and tax implications on a major take-over of working interest in an oil exploration company.
- Accounting and tax Due diligence on behalf of an oil and gas company interested in take-over of working interest in other group of companies.
- Outbound International structuring of a multinational construction company with respect to investment in Malaysia and Pakistan
- Advisory on the structuring in Pakistan of iNGO and providing consultation on transfer pricing and tax implications relating to their operations in Pakistan.
- Advisory relating to the IFRS application as well as on the complex accounting and reporting related issues in the light of IFRS and local legislations.
- Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales
- Member, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, UK.
- Member Tax Bar Association of Lahore.
- Chartered Accountant of Pakistan
- Chartered Accountant of England & Wales
- Chartered Certified Accountant