Although VAT is an EU-originated tax, its correct application requires specific local expertise and in-depth knowledge of the industry in which the client operates.
The legislation applicable in Italy is extremely complex and the preparation of VAT returns for professionals and entrepreneurs, Italian permanent establishments and companies, as well as the management of all related compliance imposed by law require specialist knowledge of the legislation affecting both national and international relations.
The professionals of RSM Palea Lauri Gerla have many years of experience in VAT compliance services and will take care for you of all disclosing activities and tax compliance with a frequency appropriate to the size of your business and the group your business belongs to.
As part of this activity, the VAT team may provide services such as:
- VAT registration;
- direct identification in Italy of EU-based companies and entrepreneurs;
- appointment of tax representatives in Italy for non-EU companies and entrepreneurs;
- drafting and preparation of VAT returns;
- preparation and filing of VAT communications, “Spesometro”, Black List, etc;
- planning of the more appropriate VAT regime for the business;
- assistance in exercising the option for group VAT liquidation;
- assistance in obtaining VAT refunds.