Ashif has over 25 years of experience in audit & assurance, transaction advisory, risk and taxation having handled clients in various sectors including oil & gas, mining, banking & insurance, manufacturing, agriculture, hire purchase & leasing, tourism and hospitality, information technology, telecommunication, media, NGOs & tax exempt entities, real estate, trading, investment and retirement benefits scheme. He has also undergone training on USAID Audits of Non-U.S. Organisations.
In the context of taxation, Ashif has undergone training in international taxation & transfer pricing and has handled tax audits & investigations with the revenue authorities; been involved in complex tax structuring engagements and provided opinion on tax implications of transactions.
In addition to his extensive experience in audit and taxation, Ashif has also handled various transaction advisory & corporate finance, risk advisory and business consulting engagements making him one of the few professional in the accounting industry with varied experience in all areas of accounting and tax. With regards to transaction advisory and corporate finance Ashif has undertaken various engagements including undertaking end-to-end transaction advisory services on merger & acquisition engagements, brand and business valuations, financial, operating & tax due diligence, developing project feasibility studies and corporate restructuring.
He is currently a member of:
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, U.K. (ACCA)
- National Board of Accountants and Auditors of Tanzania (NBAA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK (MCIArb)
Ashif has served on various technical boards and committees including:-
- The International Audit and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) which is mandated with setting international standards on auditing, review engagements, other assurance, quality control and related services
- IAASB taskforce involved in the revision of International Standard on Review Engagements (ISRE) 2400 - Engagements to Review Financial Statements and International Standard on Related Services (ISRS) 4410 - Compilation Engagements
- IAASB’s global taskforce mandated to develop an International Standard on Assurance Engagement (ISAE) 3420 - Assurance Engagements to Report on Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus
- ICPAK’s Public Policy and Governance Committee
- Chaired ICPAK’s Public Finance and Tax Work Stream
- Kenya Private Sector Alliance’s (KEPSA) Finance Sector Board which deals with taxation issues.
- ICPAK’s Professional Standards Committee which is mandated with setting professional standards for the accounting profession in Kenya
Ashif has been awarded the:-
- Excellence Award in the Professional and Entrepreneurial Category for contribution to the profession and entrepreneurial skills in 2004 by the Ismaili Youth.
- ACCA Achievement Award 2009 for his contribution to the accountancy profession
- ACCA Achievement Award 2012 by ACCA’s Global Council for contribution to the accounting profession locally and globally.
He has also been honoured with the Order of the Grand Warrior (O.G.W.) of Kenya by Mwai Kibaki, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces of Kenya in recognition of advising the Treasury on the matter of Privatization of State Corporations and to the development of the accountancy profession in December 2012.
Ashif has been involved in various community services and enjoys football & music.