On 10 January 2023 Deborah Fischer was invited, together with Serge Pattyn to speak at the IBR/IRE seminar in the context of the Awards for Best Belgian Sustainability Reports 2022.
They gave insights on following questions:
- What can “interconnectivity between financial and sustainability reporting” mean?
- How should this interconnectivity impact financial reporting as we know it?
- What should financial reporting say about sustainability topics and how to measure the financial impact of sustainability issues?
- Where and how would they add value for the users of financial statements?
- How will this translate in the upcoming reporting standards (IFRS and ESRS)?
Asking those questions is easy, answering them is much harder.
You will find the presentation and recording of the seminar below. We hope this will give you guidance on this important topic.