- The TAS team practice of RSM France, member of the 6th global audit and consulting firm, has carried out financial and tax due diligence for Volta Global, a private equity fund, during the acquisition of Grand Sud Box, a company specializing in self-storage based in the South of France (Var region).
- The American investment fund operates already in several European countries. With this first investment in France, it aims to develop a leading pan-european self-storage platform.
- RSM France reinforces its leading role as advisor to foreign funds during build-up operations that complete their portfolio.
Volta Global, a private equity fund specializing in the acquisition of family businesses and real estate assets, has just acquired the business and buildings of Grand Sud Box, an SME specializing in furniture storage and secure self-storage. The family group Grand Sud Groupe divests its subsidiary Grand Sud Box based in Six-Fours-les-Plages (83) to Volta Global.
Through this acquisition, Volta Global consolidates its self-storage activity in Europe where the investment fund already has several stakes. It is notably the owner of Europa Storage Group, a storage company based in the Netherlands. It aims to become a major player in European self-storage platforms by continuing its development in Europe, particularly in France.
In the United States, Volta Global is a diversified real estate investor with projects in the multi-family, hospitality, and commercial real estate lending areas. The investment fund also strengthens its sector-based activities in one of its segments.
The RSM team was composed of:
- Financial due diligence: Eric Fougedoire, Loïc van Cauwelaert, Maxime Pothron
- Tax due diligence: Vital Saint Marc
About Volta Global
Volta Global LLC Partners is a US-based private equity fund with over 20 years of experience. Focused on the long-term investments, it targets companies whose development potential is at least over the next 15-20 years. It intervenes as an investor at different stages : seed capital, venture capital and development capital. The fund is specifically interested in family businesses with $1 million to $10 million in annual cash flow, where it can acquire 51 to 80 percent of the business. Volta Global also manages real estate investments portfolio, which cover stabilized, rehabilitation and distressed assets, in particular multi-family and commercial urban real estate.
RSM is the world's 6th largest audit, consulting and accounting network, present in over 120 countries. It currently has more than 53,000 employees and partners.
In France, RSM, a major player in auditing, consulting and expertise, is present in the main regional economic centers, with offices in Paris, Lyon-Chambéry-Grenoble, Montpellier-Nîmes, Nantes-Laval, Strasbourg-Colmar, Aix-en-Provence, La Réunion and Mayotte. RSM now has more than 1,250 professionals throughout the country. It intends to continue its regional development. The group has structured its multidisciplinary offer around 5 business lines: Audit, Expertise, Consulting, HR-Social / Payroll, Legal & Tax.
RSM - Corporate Finance
The Corporate Finance practice of RSM assists companies and their managers, investment funds, as well as investors and shareholders, in France and abroad, in order to secure and optimize their financial decisions. It has 20 professionals in Paris and in the regions, including 3 partners. RSM Corporate Finance provides transaction services, valuation and complex financial modeling, capital transactions and restructuring.