What is RPA and how can it improve your core business processes and propel you towards your goals?
What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) uses software to automate repetitive, rules-based business processes. Often referred to as 'digital workers' or 'bots', the software can be configured to emulate or mimic how humans interact with your existing IT systems and digital tools, interacting with them as a human worker would.
RPA does not require you to change your underlying business software (ERP, CRM, other systems, and databases) and can be used to augment your workforce as well as to automate key business processes. Ultimately making your business more efficient while being easy to implement. The software bots can be configured to perform routine tasks such as, but not limited to:
- capture, interpret, transfer, and manipulate data across multiple systems
- trigger alerts and communications across or between systems
- process transactions through system(s) such as invoice settlement, supplier set-up, employee set-up etc; and
- respond to basic queries from customers or employees.
It does not only automate repetitive business processes, RPA is being combined with elements of Artificial Intelligence (AI) such as machine learning and natural language processing to allow digital workers to learn and improve over time, and ultimately to automate more complex tasks. This is a fast-moving area which our specialist consultants at RSM can advise you on.
Why implement rpa?
RPA offers considerable benefits in relation to business efficiency and productivity. The bots themselves are relatively low cost both to purchase and configure. It can also be implemented quickly and seamlessly – certainly in a fraction of the time it would take to change underlying systems, or to retrain staff. RPA is an efficient and effective way to help further your businesses development so that it can remain competitive.
What can rpa do for you and your business?
- efficiency improvements
- reduction in human error
- improvements service quality and in the customer journey
- the ability to remove the mundane aspects of people’s jobs and allow them to focus on more value-adding activities
- the ability to scale business processes without adding headcount
- a digital workforce that can work 24/7, 365 days per year.
why choose rsm as your rpa partner?
RSM has an experienced team of in-house experts who can assist and help you implement your desired RPA solution seamlessly and without hassle. RSM has partnerships with leading RPA vendors which makes us uniquely qualified to implement the software your business. This can all happen without having to train your own employees as our dedicated experts will handle the whole process.
More information on robotic process automation
Video Source: RSM US
Video Source: RSM UK