Under Notification of Director-General on stamp duty No.54 issued on 29 December 2014, there was a change in the method for the payment of duty for certain instruments as detailed below.
Payment of duty for certain instruments shall be made by cash instead of by affixing stamps.
For lease of land, buildings or any other construction
- Value of contract is from 1 million Baht or higher for a contract entered into between two or more private companies
- Government is a lessee, or
- Subject to the registering of rights and juristic acts under the Land Code.
- To endorse the instrument before its execution or within 15 days following the date of execution of such instrument.
For hire of work
- Value of contract is from 1 million Baht or higher for the contract entered into between two or more private companies
- Government is the employer and the contract value is from 200,000 Baht or upwards.
This Notification is effective from 5 April 2015 onwards.