- RSM, the world 6th largest consulting and auditing network, carried out the financial, tax and payroll due diligence for ProductLife Groupe (PLG), a regulatory consulting firm for the life sciences industry, during the acquisition of two companies in the Cilatus group, a provider of advice and services in chemical manufacturing and control: Cilatus BioPharma Consulting, based in Switzerland, and Cilatus Manufacturing Services, based in Ireland.
- To support ProductLife Group, RSM partners Eric Fougedoire and Daniel Spitz led a multidisciplinary Franco-Swiss team.
- Thanks to this transaction, RSM’s Transaction Advisory Services is demonstrating its ability to support life sciences regulatory advisors in their strategic acquisitions in Europe.
ProductLife Group (PLG), the global and specialized provider of regulatory, vigilance and quality services for the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medtech industries, announces the acquisition of Cilatus Group companies, providing Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls (CMC) consulting and Qualified Person (QP) services for clients across the globe.
Founded by Johannes Roebers in 2014, Cilatus BioPharma Consulting specializes in managing CMC development, GMP Manufacturing, CDMO/CMO Search and Management, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance for large and small molecules of any dosage form as well as Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products. In 2017, Johannes Roebers launched Cilatus Manufacturing Services, an Irish entity which provides licensed QP certification and release services for commercial and investigational medicinal products according to EU GMP requirements.
This is PLG's sixth acquisition in 2 years and the third in the biopharmaceutical development and regulatory advisory businesses, further strengthening PLG's ability to provide a fully integrated set of services in this area. The combination of Cilatus' and PLG's product development teams will accelerate PLG's goal of becoming the global reference partner in regulatory science to accelerate the development and access of HealthTech products to regulated markets.
The RSM team involved was made up of:
- Financial due diligence: Eric Fougedoire, Charles Tiran, Maxime Pothron, Tony Dixon
- Tax and social due diligence: Daniel Spitz, Weronika Ludwiczak, Monica Tenot
About ProductLife Group
ProductLife Group’s mission is to improve human health by delivering regulatory & compliance services for the safe and effective use of medical solutions. PLG supports clients through the entire product life cycle, combining local expertise with global reach spanning more than 150 countries. It provides consulting and outsourcing services in the areas of drug development, regulatory affairs, quality management and compliance, vigilance and medical information, covering both established products and innovative therapeutics & diagnostics.
With a goal of continuously improving the value delivered to people and customers, PLG is committed to long-term partnership, innovation, flexibility, and cost efficiency.
RSM is the world's 6th largest audit, consulting and accounting network, present in over 120 countries. It currently has more than 57,000 employees and partners.
In France, RSM, a major player in auditing, consulting and accounting, is present in the main regional economic centers, with offices in Paris, Lyon-Chambéry-Grenoble, Aix-en-Provence, Montpellier-Nîmes, Nantes-Laval, Strasbourg-Colmar, Aix-en-Provence, La Réunion and Mayotte. RSM now has more than 1,250 professionals throughout the country. It intends to continue its regional development. The group has structured its multidisciplinary offer around 5 business lines: Audit, Expertise, Consulting, HR-Social / Payroll, Legal & Tax.
For more information, visit www.rsmfrance.com
RSM – Corporate Finance
The Corporate Finance practice of RSM assists companies and their managers, investment funds, as well as investors and shareholders, in France and abroad, in order to secure and optimize their financial decisions. It has 20 professionals in Paris and in the regions, including 3 partners. RSM Corporate Finance provides transaction services, valuation and complex financial modeling, capital transactions and restructuring.