Ensuring food safety throughout the food supply chain is a major concern for all organizations involved with food and related items. As the consumer demand for safe food increases, organizations need to prepare themselves for increasing awareness and implementing food safety management systems. The implementation of Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006 by the authorities will have a major impact on consumers, processed food industry and food retailers.
RSM can be your ideal partner in your efforts to manage food safety within your organization. We offer a wide range of services in the area of Food Safety. These services are tailor made to meet customer requirements and address the entire supply chain from “Farm to Fork”.
Our Food Safety Service Offerings range from Pre Requisite Programme (PRP) assessment till complete implementation resulting in Certification of Food Safety Management Services (“FSMS”).
How we can help
Our services can be categorized as under:
- TRAINING –Training is an essential input to creating awareness as well as improving skills among personnel involved (directly or indirectly) in food safety. RSM Astute provides structured training to employees at various levels as elaborated below:
- CIEH Food Safety Training: We have been accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), UK for delivering their internationally acclaimed Food Safety training courses. CIEH is UK’s leading awarding body for vocational qualifications in food safety, health and safety and environmental protection
The internationally recognized CIEH training courses that we deliver, address personnel at all levels – from food handlers to food supervisors / managers. Our unique approach to training is unmatched and we strive to offer the highest quality training experience. The CIEH training courses that we offer include:
- Food Safety Auditor Training: This is designed to help professionals in the food industry to design, implement and maintain a Food Safety Management System. We provide the following trainings:
- Lead Auditor Training for ISO 22000 (FSMS) – IRCA Approved Course
- Internal Auditor Training for HACCP, ISO 22000 (FSMS) and other food safety standards
- Food Safety Consultancy: All organizations involved in food handling, production and retailing are required to set up and operate an effective food safety management system. RSM Astute assists organizations in this process by offering consultancy and support services in the area of Food Safety Implementation as per the following standards:
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
- ISO 22000 (FSMS-Food Safety Management System)
- BRC-Food (British Retail Consortium-Food)
- BRC-IOP (British Retail Consortium-Packaging)
- IFS (International Food Safety Standard)
- SQF 2000 (Safe Quality Food)
- Global GAP (Global Good Agricultural Practices)
Our role includes document preparation, assistance in implementation and ensuring a successful certification process through third party agencies
- Auditing of Organizations for conformance to applicable Food Safety Standards: Whether you are a certified organization or not, there is always a need to know how good your systems are and how well are they implemented within the organization. RSM Astute can help you to assess this through our expert auditors. We take up audits as per food safety standards as mentioned below:
- Internal (First Party) audits for organizations that are implementing Food Safety Management Services or have already implemented the same.
- Second Party Auditing on behalf of customers / other stake holders
- RSM is the seventh largest global audit, tax and consulting network and RSM in India is consistently ranked amongst India’s top six accounting and consulting groups
- Close association and working relationships with leading organizations, which are pioneers in their respective fields, viz -
- Moody International for conducting their IRCA approved Lead Auditor Training Courses for ISO 22000 standard.
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH, UK) for delivering their internationally acclaimed Food Safety Training courses
- Internationally accredited trainings that provide instant recognition
- Wide range of services addressing clients in any part of the supply chain
- Highly qualified and experienced trainers / consultants with practical experience
- Handholding of clients throughout the process till certification
- Extensive experience in advisory, taxation and accounting matters across various industries and service verticals
- Multi-disciplinary team of professionals comprising of Chartered Accountants, MBAs, Engineers, Company Secretaries, CISA / DISA, Cost Accountants and Law graduates
- Indian personnel strength of over 1,200 people having expertise in diverse fields and nationwide presence