When you join RSM UAE, you’ll gain access to a global network that celebrates new ways of thinking. When you join our team, you’ll become part of an exciting and dynamic environment that’s always moving forward. You’ll discover a network of like-minded professionals who will help you spark ideas, find new solutions and feel a sense of belonging.
Due to our global network, we have the advantage of offering local, national or international services to clients of all sectors and sizes. RSM now spans more than 120 countries, providing plenty of opportunities for you to collaborate with professionals around the world. Be part of something big at RSM.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Ability to apply learning and technical skills to actual client situations
• A team player
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while staying on time and on budget
Tax consultants must possess a strong understanding of UAE Corporate Tax (CT) including Transfer Pricing (TP) & VAT Laws and continue to maintain expertise with new developments in the laws. There is heavy emphasis on consulting with regards to CT & TP in the UAE, thus consultants must interpret the CT, TP laws and other relevant laws to provide their opinions. This role requires management of tax compliance among a variety of clients in differing industries. Communication is of vital importance, as consultants must have the ability to clearly communicate technical aspects of CT & TP with clients and peers, both orally and in writing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handle CT-related, including Transfer Pricing Advisory as well as compliance projects and acts as the first contact of multiple clients.
• Prepare tax technical memos, letters, compliance report including preparation of Private Clarifications requests.
• Provide expert opinions on UAE CT & VAT issues including registration, deregistration, amendment etc. among a variety of clients and industries.
• Prepare and review CT returns, disclosure/return in a timely manner.
• Relay technical information clearly and concisely to an audience unfamiliar with UAE Law.
• Understand and apply OECD based Transfer pricing concepts with some client exposure work.
• Maintain CT & VAT expertise parallel to development of new laws/updates.
• Must perform an analysis of multiple clients from differing industries to obtain an understanding of their business, as well as to offer the proper CT treatment for their specific circumstances, by examining the law , contracts, financial statements, among other material and discussions with clients.
• Must research and understand all legislative documents related to UAE CT, Transfer Pricing and VAT in detail, including laws, guides and clarifications.
• Must have strong organizational, analytical, and verbal/written communication skills, presentation skills overall.
• Must document and summarize research and conclusions regarding specific UAE CT & VAT issues.
• Must manage and coordinate your schedule among numerous clients to timely review returns.
• Must manage effectively with clients verbally and in writing, through various channels such as direct contact, email, phone, etc.
• Stay up to date with issuance of new legation and inform colleagues of new developments in the law.
• Follow up on engagements and timely billing with respect to your clients
• Assist and coordinate with other client service colleagues based on subject-related queries/concern locally or globally to drive collaboration.
• You should maintain a cordial attitude towards colleagues and seniors
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• CA/CPA/ACCA/Masters or similar (with 3 to 5 years of Tax experience)
• Knowledge of taxes and concepts direct as well as indirect
• Strong technical knowledge of UAE Laws
• Proficient in speaking and writing English
• Proficient in applying financial ratios, analysis, calculations etc.
• Inquisitiveness to build competence in the new tax laws.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Self-motivated and eager to learn.
If that sounds like you, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team. Kindly submit your CV to: [email protected] with a subject line "Tax Consultant" - Your Full Name.
Life at RSM
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across UAE and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.