Mitchell is a Principal of the Restructuring & Recovery division in Canberra and has headed up RSM’s Restructuring & Recovery division in Brisbane since February 2016. Mitchell is a registered Liquidator and Official Liquidator with over 16 years’ experience in the insolvency profession.
Mitchell’s experience includes the management of corporate and personal insolvency matters in Canberra and Brisbane. Mitchell has also managed the formal insolvency engagements of companies and individuals located in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia with the assistance of RSM’s resources in those states.
Solutions Mitchell provides
Mitchell is committed to providing a high quality service to all key stakeholders in corporate and personal insolvency matters. Mitchell’s experience includes:
- voluntary administrations
- voluntary liquidations
- deed of company arrangements
- official liquidations
- bankrupt estates
- personal insolvency agreements under Part X of the Bankruptcy Act
- special purpose engagements assessing financial viability and solvency
Mitchell has managed a number of significant projects during his career and most notable was the external administration of a registered club in Canberra. Mitchell managed the club's trading operations, employees, budgets, revenues and expenses, gaming and liquor compliance, investigations, and reporting to the creditors and the members of the club. The administration of the club ran for six months and was concluded by a successful merger that secured the continuation of the club’s activities.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Insolvency Education Program, (ARITA)
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Registered Liquidator
- Official Liquidator