Your internship experience
Landing an internship at RSM provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience and discover more about various industries, specialties and what your future career could look like at our firm.
The associate intern role is responsible for gaining hands-on experience in audit, accounts and tax by developing technical skills through working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Ability to apply learning and technical skills to actual client situations
• A team player
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while staying on time and on budget
• Perform substantive testing of assigned balance sheet and/or income statement accounts including cash, fixed assets and accounts payable
• Develop working knowledge of RSM ORB used in the office
• Preparation of client assistance requests, appropriate follow-up and evaluation
• Assist with risk assessment procedures
• Document client’s internal control structure and perform test of controls
• Assist with or prepare financial statements and other related reports and the appropriate compilation, review or audit report
• Apply the pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board
• Meet client deadlines for preparation of reports
• Shadow partners/managers when performing client interviews
• Clearly document procedures performed using Word/Excel
• Review details of client Accounting system files to ensure proper recording of transactions
• Prepare payroll tax returns, sales and use tax returns and other required filings
• Administrative tasks as assigned
• Reconciling general ledger accounts
• Roll forward analysis of balance sheet accounts
• Monthly financial statement review and analysis
• Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
• Perform tax planning and research
• Develop a working knowledge of tax laws in UAE
• The Intern should maintain a cordial attitude towards colleagues and seniors
Qualifications And Experience
• Students pursuing Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business related course
• Possess strong communication and technical skills•
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Be available for summer internship 8-10 weeks (may shorten or extended depending on circumstance)
This RSM UAE Internship program, designed for graduating students, will help you personally and professionally develop into a career-ready individual upon graduation, while building and maintaining mentorships, relationships, and real-world client service skills.
You will be introduced to different service lines through formal and informal training.
You will experience working for clients in different industry sectors, while teaming up with RSM colleagues and leaders.
You will have an opportunity to participate and attend in all events that are being conducted for RSM UAE employees during your Internship.
You will be assigned to a mentor in each department/ service line. Your mentor is a peer aligned with you to help with all your questions as you get settled.
If you are interested to RSM UAE Internship program, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team. Kindly submit your CV to: [email protected]. Please include "RSM UAE Internship Program" in the subject line of submission.
Life at RSM
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across UAE and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.