Nowadays, corporate governance is as important as an efficient financial performance. Some experts indicate that nearly 80% of investors would pay more for a company with good corporate governance, since this provides greater security to your investment by ensuring sound business practices.
The greater the transparency and the volume of information, the greater the investor confidence in the market. Consequently corporate governance – far from being a fashion – should be considered as a necessary practice for the sustainability and growth of companies.
The framework of good corporate governance should contain at a minimum the following elements:
- Protect the rights of shareholders.
- Ensure equitable treatment for all shareholders, including minority and foreign shareholders.
- Give all shareholders the opportunity to obtain an effective relief for damages due to breach of their rights.
- Acknowledge the rights of interested third parties and promote an active cooperation between them and corporation regarding wealth creation, jobs generation and achieving sustainable financial enterprises.
- Ensure adequate and timely disclosure of all relevant business issues, including financial situation, performance, ownership and management.
- Ensure the strategic guidance of the company, the effective monitoring of the management team by the board of directors and the responsibilities of the board of directors with its shareholders.
Corporate governance services with RSM Colombia
Here at RSM Colombia, we can help you to implement the corporate governance best practices outlined above. What drives us is delivering a positive outcome for our clients, and overcoming the challenges you face will be the top priority for our corporate governance specialists.
We understand that all organizations are unique, and each of their requirements differ. A one-size-fits-all approach is not an effective or efficient solution – that’s why we are fully committed to offering bespoke corporate governance advice that is tailored specifically to your needs.
Our approach to good corporate governance
We will invest a great amount of time and energy into listening to the challenges you face and understanding your pain points. Once we have a comprehensive overview, we can offer the appropriate corporate governance solutions and we will maintain open lines of communication throughout the entire process. We firmly believe that frank and honest two-way discussions are a key component of corporate governance best practice, and we will remain committed to full transparency for the duration of our partnership.
We can also offer you access to RSM’s global network, which spans 120 nations and 800 offices stationed around the world. Backed by such a solid support structure, we are ideally placed to offer corporate governance solutions across a wide range of territories.
Get in touch to discuss corporate governance best practice with RSM Colombia
If you would like more information about our corporate governance services, you can get in touch with us today via our online form. Alternatively, you can contact one of our offices in Bogota, Bucaramanga, Cali or Medellin, where our corporate governance specialists will be on hand to talk about how we can help you.