Over the last few years the debt and equity capital markets have changed and there has been a return of confidence. The Irish banking sector is increasing its appetite to lend, following a number of years of reducing balance sheets and an improvement in risk appetite seeking higher lending returns.
There have been significant changes in the debt markets as alternative finance providers and debt funds have filled the funding gap since the economic crisis, increasing their market share. This shift has led to a more diverse lending environment and borrower terms have improved as banks compete. The improved terms include reduced pricing, looser covenant structures, increased leverage and lower amortisation.
Our capital raising team comprises former bankers, private equity financiers and accountants that all have extensive knowledge of the debt and equity markets and can provide advice on the appropriate funding structure for your transaction.
We have significant experience of raising equity from Irish and international investors. These include private equity funds, venture capital funds, and high net worth families and individuals.
Recent years have seen an increase in the number of equity providers and the availability of equity capital in the Irish market. RSM can advise you on sourcing the equity investment that best suits your needs and can manage the entire equity investment process to completion.
Our team can help navigate this dynamic market, identifying which lenders are open for business and in which sectors, revealing pockets of untapped liquidity to help you target your efforts fruitfully. Our team’s capital raising expertise spans the landscape of classes of debt product available to mid-market corporates, from vanilla corporate debt, leasing and receivables financing, through leveraged loan and mezzanine finance to infrastructure and project finance facilities.
We can help your organisation with:
- project management and guidance throughout the funding process;
- assessing debt capacity and providing advice on appropriate capital structures;
- evaluating existing loan agreements, lending arrangements and covenant packages;
- identifying and approaching prospective new lenders;
- advising and developing marketing material to present the credit story to debt stakeholders;
- managing competitive funding rounds with multiple parties to negotiate and extract the best terms possible;
- providing advice and support with regards to renegotiation and restructuring of facilities (eg waivers and covenant resets); and
- offering related advisory services such as due diligence, financial modelling and valuations.