Expanding internationally is a complex business. If international expansion is within your sights, it is essential that you have the right support to help you succeed and achieve:
- reduced risk;
- increased efficiency; and
- reduced cost.
Having worked with Foreign Direct Investment businesses for over 20 years, we have built a range of specialist advisory and outsourcing functions at RSM Ireland that allow businesses moving here for the first time to make savings and reduce risks.
Our support services allow the leaders of the business to focus on commercial matters and driving the business. Our specialism is in fast-growing, externally funded firms who are looking to expand into European and global markets. Our clients are drawn from a diverse range of industries.
We will work closely with you at the initial set up stage to ensure the holding and operating structure is established efficiently and is fit for your business. We do this by taking the time to understand your commercial drivers and key early, medium and long terms goals for your foreign direct investment.
Some clients want us to take control of the process in its entirety, providing a complete finance function and freeing them up to concentrate on running their business. Others are simply looking for support in a few areas. Whatever your situation, we can help you effectively navigate to the best solution.
By outsourcing your finance function we help you to control your costs and reduce your risk, and you’ll benefit from a robust, independent, integrated and compliant service. We are able to grow with you long term and provide solutions in the following areas:
- transaction processing and bookkeeping;
- management reporting;
- HR advisory;
- company secretarial.
- Audit and tax compliance
We know that expanding internationally entails many considerations. When entering a new market, our inbound outsourcing team will be on hand to act as the focal point for your accounting, compliance and advisory requirements.
- Structure - entity type (e.g. Limited company or Branch), structuring within your existing group, funding the new operation;
- Taxation matters – international tax, innovation incentives (R&D tax credits and Knowledge Development Box), repatriation of funds, transfer pricing;
- Employees – global mobility services, managing expatriates, ‘contractor’ versus ‘employee’ status;
- Indirect tax - VAT planning and compliance;
- Transaction support and advice in acquiring an existing Irish business.
We have developed our RSM FDI specific country guides to provide you with an overview of the FDI environment and our services. You can see the guide to investing in Ireland at the link below.