Ireland has a strong track record as an attractive jurisdiction to conduct business. It has been ranked the best country in Western Europe to do business in. Ireland’s geographical location and strong international flight connections make it a convenient hub to access to the US, UK, European and the Middle Eastern markets.
A central hub for the ICT, Pharma, Medical Devices, Financial Services, Gaming and Agri-foods sectors, Ireland is home to the top 5 global software companies, top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 20 of the top 25 financial services companies.
RSM’s Foreign Direct Investment team advises clients on the details of engaging in a successful expansion, relocation or consolidation of Irish and global operations. Our seasoned professionals guide business leaders through decision-making, prioritization and execution of a company’s plans to land and expand in Ireland.
We take a phased approach to working with clients considering expansion into the Irish markets by focusing on strategic investment, acquisition planning, talent and resource considerations, and geopolitical changes.
From planning to implementation, our team can help business leaders with a variety of services, including:
- Assessment of expansion strategy
- Business case and location study design
- Location studies
- Operating model design
- Application and infrastructure design
- Centralised project management and implementation
Having worked with Foreign Direct Investment businesses for over 20 years, we have built a range of specialist advisory and outsourcing functions at RSM Ireland that allow businesses moving here for the first time to make savings and reduce risks. When entering this new market, our inbound outsourcing team will be on hand to act as the focal point for your accounting, compliance and advisory requirements.
- Structure - entity type (e.g. Limited company or Branch), structuring within your existing group, funding the new operation;
- Taxation matters – international tax, innovation incentives (R&D tax credits and Knowledge Development Box), repatriation of funds, transfer pricing;
- Employees – global mobility services, managing expatriates, ‘contractor’ versus ‘employee’ status;
- Indirect tax - VAT planning and compliance;
- Transaction advisory services – transaction support and advice in acquiring an existing Irish business.
- Payroll and management accounts preparation
- HR Consulting services including preparation of contracts and Employer Handbook