Simon has over 40 years of experience in audit and assurance services having handled clients in the sectors of banking, manufacturing, utility, services, agriculture, trading and retirement benefits schemes.
He is a member of:-
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICEAW)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
- RSM International’s IFRS Advisory Committee
- ICPAK’s Professional Standards Committee
- SME Implementation Group, appointed by IASB
Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers for 24 years where he was a member of the Governance Board of the firm in Africa Central and responsible for Risk Management and Quality Assurance.
He has extensive experience in technical matters and has also been involved in training staff and clients in the implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Simon is responsible for the IFRS Africa regional desk. He has also served as ICPAK’s lead instructor on “Audit Quality” workshops and reviewer on their Audit Quality Review Programme.
Simon is interested in vintage cars – he has owned a 1934 Alvis Firefly for 40 years and currently owns a 1929 H.E Six.