Our client, a very reputable company in the Investments and Real Estate Sector, based in Athens, is looking to hire a Financial Associate to be part of their Finance Team.
Overview of the role
Performing various financial tasks, such as analyzing and reviewing financial information, preparing budgets and financial reports, and managing accounting records, in a timely and efficient manner.
Key activities and responsibilities of this role include:
- Document and organize existing procedures and day-to-day activities of the Finance Department.
- Participate in month-end and year-end financial closing processes.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance to IFRS.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytical reporting including commentary on the balance sheet and P&L variances.
- Prepare monthly cashflows in accordance to Group's reporting requirements.
- Perform variation analysis on actual and budget figures and create forecasts and trends, making recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate with accounting departments of the Company’s subsidiaries to assist with prioritization and completion of various day-to-day operating activities.
- Interact with external auditors during year-end audits.
- Draft standard and ad-hoc reports and participate in ad hoc projects.
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and payment requests.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, certifications, invoices, statements, etc.
Required Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Fluent in English.
Core Competencies & Knowledge of a successful candidate:
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Motivated, result-oriented, and persistent.
What the Company offers
- Very pleasant and team-oriented working environment with excellent potential to grow and develop.
- Excellent development opportunities and career prospects.
- Competitive remuneration package.