Successful companies recognise that risk is part of doing business and know that it can be managed on a continuous basis. From the rise of cybercrime to a global banking crisis, we understand that your business may face threats, which is why we offer effective risk advisory solutions.
The dynamic and ever-changing global economy presents organisations with both opportunities and risks. Thriving companies understand that risk management is an area of strategic importance. At RSM, we work with our clients to assist them in managing the key risks that may prevent them from achieving their corporate goals and objectives. Our risk advisors provide support and guidance as a business’ systems and processes develop, helping you to comply with increasing and ever-changing regulations and legislation.
Our clients build value by taking a risk-intelligent approach to managing financial, operational and technological risks. This approach helps them to effectively manage risk across organisational boundaries and pursue risk mitigation and intelligent risk-taking as a means of creating value.
By cooperating in an atmosphere of trust and openness, our risk advisory consultants help clients address business and regulatory issues in a robust and commercial way.
The effective introduction, implementation and embedding of risk-management systems within an organisation’s own strategic and operational decision-making process is essential for success.
Assessing and managing risks can be a time-consuming task, but we are experts in developing proactive risk-management systems. Our risk advisors can help you to identify the potential pain points, as well as the hidden opportunities that could add value to your business.
We have professionals that specialise in COSO – ERM (Enterprise Risk Management framework), who can offer you the following services and solutions:
- Risk management policy & strategy
- Risk awareness training
- Risk identification & evaluation
Corporate governance is the framework of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by which a company is directed and controlled. It constitutes one of the key components of modern organisations.
Our corporate governance services include:
- Assessing your current situation and organising a corporate governance framework
- Gap analysis based on the principles and best practices of corporate governance
- Evaluating the corporate structure in line with the strategy and objectives
- Annual assessment of the internal control system in cooperation with the BoD
- Preparation and implementation of the corporate governance code
- Preparing and implementing policies, procedures and manuals, including job descriptions etc
Successful organisations recognise that an effective internal audit service can make a positive contribution to the management of risk and the smooth operation of a business.
Where areas are pinpointed for improvement, we can work with you to help you identify solutions and achieve your objectives.
Our services include:
- Advising your management team to develop workable internal controls that enhance the control environment
- Providing advice on how to implement an effective and secured internal control environment
- Advising on how to manage core operational risks, especially those related to the reliability of business operations
- Assisting with linking operational strategies and risk performance measures to business goals
- Assisting with change management and business awareness processes by helping make the transition from existing practices to more efficient and focused approaches, through training and assisting of staff in the development of new skills
- Evaluating the key structures, dynamics and processes required to underpin effective corporate governance
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Information systems audit
- Compliance audits according to the local legislation in force (Act 2577/2006, MiFID, Anti Money Laundering, BASEL III framework, SOX Act .404, Solvency II)
- Internal or external fraud audits
- Development of policies and procedures with the primary objective of identifying audit mechanisms and analytical procedure flow, while respecting the principles of confidentiality
- Quality assessment reviews – outsourced or co-sourced you must maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP). According to the IIA, all internal audit activities, regardless of industry, sector, or size of audit staff — even those outsourced or co-sourced — must maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) that contains both internal and external assessments
In addition, we can provide you with the following services and solutions for internal auditing:
- Internal audit consulting
- Professional training
- Fraud prevention and investigation
If you would like to know more about our risk advisory services, get in touch. Our risk advisory consultants can offer you a premium service that covers all your risk management needs.