Successful companies recognise that risk is part of doing business and that it can be managed on a continuous basis seeing risk management as an area of strategic importance.
The dynamic and ever-changing global economy presents organisations with both opportunities and risks. Successful companies recognise that risk is part of doing business and that it can be managed on a continuous basis seeing risk management as an area of strategic importance. We work with our clients to assist them in managing their keys risks, which may prevent them from achieving their corporate goals and objectives and to take advantage of those opportunities that do present themselves.
We take a practical approach, focusing on our clients’ operations, where we can add the most value. Our clients build value by taking a risk intelligent approach to managing financial, operational, technology and business risks. This approach helps them focus on areas of increased risk, effectively manage risk across organisational boundaries and pursue not only risk mitigation, but also intelligent risk taking as a means of creating value.
By cooperating in an atmosphere of trust and openness, our practitioners help our clients address business and regulatory issues in a robust and commercial way while their stakeholders benefit from our experienced independent professional evaluations and our observations on the quality and effectiveness of the control environment in their organisation.
The effective introduction, implementation and embedding of risk management systems within an organisation’s own strategic and operational decision making processes is essential for an organisation's success.
Assessing and managing risks can be a time-consuming task. RSM is an expert in developing a proactive risk management system and assist you not only identify the potential risks, but also to identify any hidden opportunities that could add value to the business.
We have professionals who specialise in COSO – ERM (Enterprise Risk Management framework) and can provide you with the following services and solutions:
- Risk Management Policy & Strategy
- Risk Awareness Training
- Risk Identification & Evaluation
Corporate governance is the framework of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by which a company is directed and controlled and it constitutes one of the key components of modern organizations.
Corporate governance services include:
- Assessing current situation and organizing a corporate governance framework
- Gap analysis based on the principles and best practices of corporate governance
- Evaluating the corporate structure in line with the strategy and objectives
- Annual assessment of the internal control system in cooperation with the BoD
- Preparation and implementation of the corporate governance code
- Preparing and implementing policies, procedures and manuals, including job descriptions, etc.
Successful organisations recognise that an effective internal audit service can make a very positive contribution to the management of risk and the smooth operation of the business.
Where areas are identified for improvement, we can work with you to help you identify solutions and achieve your objectives.
Our services include:
- Advising your management team to develop workable internal controls that enhance the control environment
- Providing advice on how to implement an effective and secured internal control environment
- Advising on how to manage core operational risks, especially those related to the reliability of business operations
- Assisting with linking operational strategies and risk performance measures to business goals
- Assisting with change management and business awareness processes by helping make the transition from existing practices to more efficient and focused approaches through training and assisting of staff in the development of new skills
- Evaluating the key structures, dynamics and processes required to underpin effective corporate governance
- Internal Audit outsourcing
- Information Systems Audit
- Compliance audits according to the local legislation in force (Act 2577/2006, MiFID, Anti Money Laundering, BASEL III framework, SOX Act .404, Solvency II)
- Internal or External Fraud Audits
- Development of policies and procedures with the primary objective of identifying audit mechanisms, and analytical procedure flow, while respecting the principles of confidentiality.
- Quality Assessment Reviews - outsourced or co-sourced you must maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP). According to the IIA, all internal audit activities, regardless of industry, sector, or size of audit staff — even those outsourced or co-sourced — must maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) that contains both internal and external assessments.
RSM Greece can provide you with the following services and solutions in the Internal Audit area, as well:
- Internal Audit Consulting
- Professional Training
- Fraud prevention and investigation