Our experts have collected the most important tax measures for companies introduced by the new Law 4797/2021 (Gov. Gaz. A '66 / 23.4.2021) in order to tackle with the effects of the coronavirus COVID-19.
Article 28. Temporary measure of State aid to businesses in the form of increased special purpose compensation
- Aid shall be granted as a support measure in the form of "increased special purpose allowance"
- The aid shall be granted in accordance with the provisions of C (2020) 1863 / 19.3.2020 Decision of the European Commission
- The aid is tax-free, inalienable and unsecured, it is not pledged and it is not set off with confirmed debts to the State, the insurance funds or the credit institutions
- A decision by the Minister of Finance will determine all relevant details
Article 30. Extension of the deadline for submission of CIT declarations and regulations for the payment of the income tax of legal entities for the tax year 2020
- The income tax returns for the tax year 2020 of the legal entities whose tax year ends on 31 December 2020, shall be submitted by the 27th of August 2021.
- The payment of the tax for the declarations is made in eight (8) equal monthly installments, of which the first two installments are paid until the last working day of August 2021 and each of the following until the last working day of the next six (6) months.
Article 34. Special regulation for the year 2021 regarding the deadline for submitting an application and the deadline for issuing a decision for the alternative income taxation of individuals who transfer their tax residence in Greece according to articles 5A and 5B of the Income Tax Code
Especially for the applications for inclusion in the alternative way of income taxation that arises abroad, which will be submitted within the year 2021, the deadline for submission of the relevant application is set at 31.5.2021. The Tax Administration examines the application and issues a decision on it, no later than the last working day of June of the same year.
Article 35. Special regulation for the year 2021 regarding the deadline for submitting an application and the deadline for issuing a decision on the special way of taxation of individuals transferring their tax residence in Greece according to article 5C of the Income Tax Code
Especially for the applications for inclusion in the special way of taxation of income from paid work and business activity that arises in the country, of individuals who transfer their tax residence in Greece, which will be submitted within the year 2021 and relate to taking up service or starting a sole proprietorship which took place until 31 July of this year, pursuant to par. 3 of article 5C, the deadline for submission of the relevant application is set at 30 September 2021. The Tax Administration examines the application and issues a decision on the application, no later than November 30, 2021.
Article 38. Extension of deadline for payment of certified debts, installments of arrangements and facilitations for partial payment and suspension of payment of certified and overdue debts under conditions
The deadlines for payment of certified debts to the Tax Offices / Control Centers and installments of regulations and facilitiations for partial payment for which an extension of payment was granted by the decisions of the Minister of Finance issued from 1.1.2020 until the publication of this article, are extended until 31.12.2021.
Article 44. Extension of the professional lease exemption - Amendment of its second article from 20.3.2020 Legislative Content Act
The lessees of a professional lease for which special and extraordinary measures have been taken to suspend or temporarily prohibit operation for precautionary reasons related to COVID-19 coronavirus or which is economically affected by the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus and belongs to specific business sectors are exempted from the obligation to pay the total rent for April 2021, in derogation of the existing provisions on commercial leases The affected companies are identified by decision of the Minister of Finance.