Guest post from Rudolf Winkenius, Managing Partner, RSM Netherlands
The RSM World Conference opened today with over 250 professionals from within the RSM global network alongside senior industry commentators and distinguished guests at the Okura Hotel in Amsterdam.
The theme and discussions all focused on making RSM the number one network for internationally dynamic organisations. I am delighted to see how engaged everyone is. The energy and enthusiasm in the room is infectious. We have enjoyed some provocative talks, some productive debates and some superb guest speakers including:
- Laura Empson, Professor of professional services at Cass Business School, who explored leadership dynamics in professional services firms.
- Hamish Taylor, leadership expert and ex CEO of Sainsbury’s Bank, who discussed first class client service and the importance of focusing on all aspects of a customer’s experience.
- Jack Black, founder of the personal development programme Mindstore International, who spoke about leadership and the qualities necessary to becoming a figurehead people want to follow.
- Lodewijk Petram, acclaimed Amsterdam specialist and journalist, who enlightened us all on the economic lessons from the Dutch ‘Tulip bubble’ of the 17th century!
- Paul Hague, Managing Director of market research firm B2B International, who gave an insight into our latest client engagement research.
I am so proud to be an RSM board member and host of this year’s conference. The RSM team spirit is truly inspirational.