Dato’ Robert had his early career with Turquand Barton Mayhew, London, which subsequently merged with Ernst & Young. In 1978, Robert founded his own professional practice presently known as RSM Malaysia PLT which is a member firm of RSM International, London, England. RSM is a world leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to entrepreneurial growth-focused organisations globally.
Robert has more than 40 years of experience in taxation and corporate restructuring assignments for distressed projects. His specialized industry knowledge is in corporate tax planning with particular focus in the construction, property development, infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.
Apart from his professional practice, Dato’ Robert is actively involved in the Boards of various Chambers of Commerce. Robert is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Malaysian Nature Society which is Malaysia’s foremost non-profit Society dedicated to protection and conservation of our natural heritage.
- Chartered Accountant, member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), United Kingdom
- Licensed Auditor under the Malaysian Companies Act 1965
- Licensed Liquidator under the Malaysian Companies Act 1965