Timothy Zammit (Dr.) is a Principal responsible for Tax and Corporate Services at RSM Malta
Timothy has fifteen years’ experience assisting clients with their cross-border tax needs involving Malta. He is responsible for providing tax efficient solutions to both local and international clients involved in various industries ranging from licensed entities and financial services to hospitality and online operators. Timothy has provided clients with solutions on the tax implications prior to listing on European markets. He played a vital role in several acquisition transactions both from a tax due diligence angle and from a tax planning perspective.
Timothy is a lawyer having been called to the bar in 2006 after obtaining a doctorate in law at the University of Malta, specializing in tax.
Timothy’s experience includes tax solutions and corporate compliance services in the following areas:
- Corporate and personal income tax, tax on capital gains
- Transfer duty and property transfer taxes
- Succession planning and restructuring consultancy services
- International tax advice involving Maltese corporate structures and the implications of EU Tax Directives and Malta’s double tax treaties
- Corporate restructuring, redomiciliations and mergers – both from a company and fiscal law perspective