What is Whistleblowing?
Whistleblowing, the act of reporting wrongdoing within a company, is one of the largest forms of detection of fraud and corruption and one of the best methods for the prevention of commercial crime. Yet, there are still individuals who, due to fear of retaliation, do not report any wrongdoings as there is a perception that these whistle blowers are not afforded enough protection.
With the implementation of the Whistle blower Protection Directive which deals with the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law, the EU is requiring employers to implement effective procedures for reporting of this wrongdoing and provides protection to those employees who are seeking protection or retribution from exposing and disclosing wrongdoing.
At RSM Malta, we will be able to provide you with the following whistleblowing related services:
- Gap analysis & implementation of policies and procedures
- Awareness Training to staff members
- Training to the Whistleblower Reporting Officer (WRO) or Unit
- Outsourcing Whistleblower Function
- Ongoing Whistleblower Support
- Anonymous Fraud Hotline & Reporting Service
For more details please visit: www.rsm.global/malta/service/fraud-prevention