Any entity has to be registered with the relevant authorities prior to being in a position to employ people.

Registration as an employer with the Commissioner of Inland Revenue (CIR)

Any entity that is to employ any number of resources requires a PE number. This is obtained through an application with the CIR. This process would effectively register the entity as an employer and will subsequently enable the employer to withhold, remit and report Income Tax, National Insurance Contributions and Maternity Leave Contributions of employees according to the Final Settlement System (FSS).

Registration as an employer with Jobsplus

In order to facilitate the online submission of forms with the Jobsplus the company needs to create an account with the same entity. Once the account is validated, certain forms may then be submitted online by the authorised person.